Here is the best diet plan for diarrhea in cats. Learn about the various causes of diarrhea and what you can feed your cat if she is suffering from diarrhea.
It is necessary to pay proper attention to your pet if she is suffering from diarrhea. Cats with diarrhea you need to pay attention not only to the reasons but also to symptomatic therapy, since diarrhea may lead to dehydration, especially in small kittens. To eliminate diarrhea, it is necessary to give antidiarrhoeal agents, absorbents, to feed the kitten in case of diarrhea with natural food.
Causes of Diarrhea in cats
Many owners do not consider diarrhea a dangerous symptom. But in vain. After all, he can point to dangerous diseases, besides diarrhea in small kittens can lead to serious dehydration in just a day. To protect a pet, it is necessary to establish the cause of diarrhea in a timely manner.
It is the main cause of diarrhea in cats. If the diarrhea is from bacterial infection, diarrhea has an unpleasant odor, the feces are liquid or even become watery, often it becomes green. The pet feels bad, refuses to eat, is apathetic.
Do not develop such a strong inflammation, as in microbial infection. The temperature is also increased, but not so much. Pet though less mobile, but shows activity, does not refuse to eat. Feces often yellow, mushy.
If diarrhea is because of warm, the kitten quickly grows thin, feel bad, the tummy is swollen, tense, and during a seizure, seals can be found. In a feces, it is a lot of slimes, because of what it gets gray color and strong unpleasant smell. Often in feces, there is blood, or it becomes black. Sometimes an animal tears, vomiting can be in the form of a white foam, sometimes containing live worms.
Allergy to food
With an allergic reaction, diarrhea is observed immediately after a meal. An important distinctive feature is a new product in the diet. If the cat has the allergy then, In this case, there are other signs of allergy: dermatitis, hair loss, edema, spot redness.
Food poisoning in cats
It occurs in negligent owners who do not know what to feed the kitten. When giving spoiled or unsuitable products for kittens, diarrhea is observed immediately after feeding, after 2-3 hours. The stool is mushy, yellow, defecation is observed 2-3 times in a row, but after cleansing the intestine everything stops. Serious poisoning does not stop diarrhea on its own, the animal feels bad, it may even vomit.
When buying a kitten, the new owner must understand that the pet changes his place of residence and parted with his mother. All this is a powerful stress for the kitten. Therefore, diarrhea is a common occurrence. The difference of psychological diarrhea is the behavior of the pet. He often meows, calls his mother, hides in dark corners, can behave aggressively.
To improper feeding it is possible to carry the ration balanced for vitamins, proteins and microcells, violation of the feeding regime, overfeeding or underfeeding, fast transition to adult food.
Treatment of diarrhea in cat
The rate of recovery of normal stool increases with a comprehensive approach to treatment.
To protect the walls of the intestine, you can give the kitten fastening broths:
- Broth chamomile or other plants. They are usually sold in a pharmacy with a complex set of various herbs.
- Decoction of the bark of oak has the most powerful astringent effect.
Brew them this way:
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of herbs into a glass.
- Pour boiling water.
- Let it brew for 30-40 minutes.
- Strain the broth.
Diet Therapy for a Kitten
If you suspect a food allergy, poisoning or diarrhea due to improper feeding, you need to do diet therapy.
The task of a hungry diet is to empty the intestines. Note that with diarrhea due to improper feeding, this is not necessary at all. But with alimentary allergies or poisoning, this is just the case.
The rules of a hungry diet:
It is kept strictly for 10-12 hours, that is, it should start in the morning, and finish and feed the kitten in the evening. The hunger strike cannot be kept longer, as the young organism needs frequent feeding and reacts sharply to a lack of food.
During a hunger strike, the position of the kitten can be eased by feeding it with rice decoction. Rice is boiled, after which the rice is not given to the pet, but is fed with liquid. Rice broth has an astringent and binding effect and also has some nutrients.
Water should be available to the kitten. Of course, it should be clean.
Try not to eat at the kitten, so as not to irritate him.
With allergies, you need to switch to a natural diet.
What can be in the menu:
- Boiled low-fat meat (beef, chicken, goat).
- Boiled fish.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Baby food (watch for the naturalness of the composition).
- Porridge on the water.
What you cannot feed:
- Oily food.
- Pork, other fatty varieties of meat and fish.
- Sharp or salty foods.
- Fried products.
- Milk from the store, but the mother cat milk will be on the contrary useful.
Of course, this rule does not work for a month old kitten, which only feeds on milk.
Feeding the cat on bases of age
Dietary diet differs depending on the age of the animal:
- The monthly kitten for 2-3 weeks is fed exclusively by milk. In this case, it is desirable to buy natural products for newborns at child nutrition centers, and not to use milk from the store.
- Kittens in 2 months need both milk and lure. Of complementary food is more suitable porridge on the water, cottage cheese, boiled eggs. Meat can be given in small quantities, and it is better to refuse fish.
- A pet in 3 months is already fed adult food. Increase the amount of meat and meat products, the ratio of meat to porridge should be 1:1. Also, add to the diet of cooked vegetables.
- A kitten in 4 months can already be fed with fish, many add to the menu meat and bone meal. During this period, the basis of the diet is porridge and meat.