Find the best way to get rid of dog smell at home with folk remedies. Learn to remove a dogs odor from your apartment including dogs urine smell.
You have a dog, this is undoubtedly the right decision because animals are so devoted and deliver many pleasant minutes during the rest. But over time, there is a specific smell in the house, and especially unpleasant is the fact of the puddles on the carpet left by the cute puppy. How to remove the smell of a dog in an apartment is not an easy matter, but you can cope. In this article, we will give you some recommendations on how to find out the causes of the smell and eliminate them with the help of improvised and special tools.
In solving the problem of how to remove the smell of a dog in an apartment, one immediately needs to look for the source and the cause of the smell. There are several factors through which there is a smell, but more often than not, it is a disregard for the regular cleaning of the house. So, consider these small tips and stick to them all the time that the pet resides in your home:
- As often as possible, do a wet cleaning with the addition of disinfectants.
- Vacuum carpeting, hard-to-reach areas, since there can be collected dog hair and create a stable odor.
- Once a month, wipe the floor and carpet with an aqueous solution of vinegar.
- As contamination, wash the litter of the animal so that it does not become the “epicenter” of the formation of an unwanted odor.
Get rid of Dog Smell at Home
Not maintaining personal hygiene of the animal can also lead to the problem of the odor of the dog in the apartment. So, watch and take care of your pet in a timely manner:
- Consult a veterinarian about the frequency of bathing and the choice of a wool cleaning agent.
- Every day, brush or comb the animal’s hair to remove the undercoat, it attracts moisture and produces an unpleasant odor.
- During the moult, comb the woolen coat in the opposite direction with a water-moistened comb, this will help to remove the fallen hair more effectively.
- Regularly do a bath day, wash the animal as it gets contaminated at least once a month.
- Use special medical shampoos that kill germs.
- To improve the effect of bathing, rinse the pet’s coat with a solution of vinegar diluted in the proportion of 2 tbsp per 3 liters of water.
- In a day, brush the dog’s teeth with a special paste, it can be replaced with a baby’s tooth.
- Treat with very careful ears, some dog breeders believe that the smell of “dog” comes from this part of the body.
- Wash the dog’s paws, the tail area after each walk.
- Handle the area under the tail around the anus with a moist sponge, as the remains of stool can accumulate there, especially with rocks with long soft wool.
- Do not use perfume for animals, if you fall on wool, the aroma mixes with the natural smell of the dog and creates an intolerable smell, which can cause allergies and spoil the pet’s nose.
- Do not feed the dog food that you eat yourself. Regarding the choice of the menu, consult a doctor, he will help plan a diet specially selected for the breed of your animal, taking into account the characteristics of the breed and parameters.
- To avoid contamination with helminths, give boiled food, especially meat and fish. Cook for a couple, do not salt and do not pepper the food.
- In order for the pet to get a sufficient amount of carbohydrates, include porridge, cooked on water from millet, oat, buckwheat, into the diet. Avoid the pearl barley, as it weakens.
- Bring in food natural vitamins, which are contained in vegetables and greens.
- To eliminate toxins in the body of the animal, causing an unpleasant smell, mix in the usual food supplements, they contain fatty acids.
Important! Some breeds of dogs have a stronger odor by nature, and after bathing the smell quickly returns, then, in this case, it does not interfere with contacting the doctor, the cause may be infection, caries or other serious diseases. Also, do not forget to walk the animal in time, so that it does not cope with the need of the house and thus there is no additional unpleasant smell of canine urine.
Remove the smell of canine urine in the house
Before you begin the process, pay attention to some of the recommendations:
- Do not drench the stain very much, in order to avoid soaking into the deeper layers of the coating.
- Do not rub over the surface so that the stain does not spread.
- Work with gloves.
If you use a solution of soda and peroxide, wear a respirator, as the reaction produces corrosive fumes. Before using any cleaning agents, read the instructions for use.
If you find a fresh spot from the urine on the carpet:
- Immediately remove the bulk of the moisture with toilet paper or an unnecessary cloth.
- Rinse the contaminated area with cool water.
- Apply a special remedy for the smell of animals that is available or make it yourself. Spray on the source of the smell and wait until the substance is absorbed – about 20-30 minutes.
- Wipe off the remnants of the product with a cloth or wash with a washing vacuum cleaner.
- Spill the wet section with baking soda, leave for a few hours.
- Use a vacuum cleaner.
- Ventilate the room well.
Home remedies to get rid of dog smell at home
In the absence of special tools, we recommend several recipes for how to remove the smell of a dog.
To wash linoleum and tiles, prepare the following remedy:
- Mix 20 ml of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tbsp. dishwashing liquid.
- Apply the gruel to a dirty place.
- Thoroughly rub the floor.
- Wait a couple of hours.
- Rinse with water and dry.
Use a solution of potassium permanganate, it neutralizes the ammonia that is in the urine:
- Rinse the stain with a mild solution.
- Make a strong solution and pour the problem area.
- Leave it for a while.
- Rinse with a clean, damp cloth.
Important! Pay attention to the fact that the grains of potassium permanganate are not covered by the coating.
Try to remove the smell with the help of chlorine-containing products, Domestos, Whiteness:
- Dilute the chlorine in a little water and add a few drops of citrus aromatic oil.
- Dampen the stain.
- Leave it for a while.
- Rinse with water.
- Use aromatic chopsticks, they refresh and disinfect the air in the house.
Remove the smell from the dog in the apartment with the help of special floor cleaners:
- Dilute the agent in water in high concentration.
- Wash the floor.
- If the stain is formed on the carpet, first rinse with water, apply the solution and rub with a brush.
To remove the odor from the dog, use vinegar or lemon rind:
- Handle thoroughly the problem area.
- Leave until completely dry.
- Repeat the process several times.
Important! These substances are absolutely harmless both for the pet and for you. Spray cleaning during the cleaning of the room: carpet, curtains, furniture, in places where you need to remove the smell, and your home will become clean and cozy.
Remember, a dog is the source of your joy! So, do not worry, when a specific smell appeared in the apartment and, moreover, do not scold or punish the pet. Use our tips and you will quickly solve such a problem!